Once the student has passed the assessment test, a National Certificate will be granted. Certified graduates may land employment as CAD operator or draftsman.
Anyone who wants to learn skills in drafting architectural detail and layout should consider enrolling technical drafting in TESDA. The good thing about this short course is that the student can earn National Certification II that can be used when applying job both locally and abroad.
This course will help the students to learn and enhance skills in drafting structural, mechanical, electronic/electrical, and plumbing/sanitary drawings using both manual drafting methods and CAD system.
Enrolling in Technical Drafting NC II allows the students to acquire various competencies including the following:
· Performing calculations and mensuration
· Interpreting plan and technical drawings
· Applying quality standards
· Preparing computer-aided drawings
· Operating personal computer
· Drafting architectural, structural, mechanical, sanitary/plumbing, and electronic/electrical layout and details
Completing this course may take about 148 hours. It is required to complete the course before the student can qualify for assessment test. In the same manner, the student will be certified once he or she passes the assessment test.
The documents required by TESDA may vary depending on the courses taken by the students. But, the students should prepare the basic requirements such as:
· Birth certificate issued by NSO or PSA
· College or High school diploma
· Certificate of good moral character
· Transcript of records
· 2×2 or 1×1 photos
It is recommended to visit TESDA office in which you intend to enroll to know all the details of the requirements.
As mentioned earlier, the students must undergo a competency assessment prior to graduation. The assessment test will assess and evaluate the ability and capability of the students about the core skills included in the course.